4H2 is an imprint on a white oval shape Tablet. The active constituent in this 4H2 pill is Cetirizine hydrochloride. This belongs to a group of drugs known as Antihistamines. It is much less likely to make you sleepy than other antihistamines.
White and oval Pill with Imprint of 4H2
- Imprint: 4H2
- Generic: Cetirizine Hydrochloride
- Brand: Zyrtec
- Strength: 10 mg.
- Color: White
- Form: Tablet
- Class: Antihistamine
4H2 Pill Uses
4H2 Pill Contain Cetirizine, which is used to treat allergic symptoms such as:
Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis
- Nasal pruritus,
- Ocular pruritus,
- Tearing, and
- Redness of the eyes
Perennial allergic rhinitis:
- Nasal pruritus,
- Postnasal discharge,
- Ocular pruritus, and
- Batches of red or skin-colored.
- Welts that vary in size, change shape
- Itching, which may be severe
4H2 Pill Side Effects:
Cetirizine can cause the following side effects
- Excessive tiredness
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
This is not a complete list of adverse effects. Consult your GP about any unexpected side effects that you have while taking Cetirizine.
Avoid 4H2 Pill (Cetirizine) and ask your doctor for advice; Avoid if you
- Have predisposition factors of urinary retention
- Have liver or kidney problems,
- Are scheduled for allergy testing.
- Are an epileptic individual or a patient at risk of convulsions
- Do not chew and break cetirizine extended-release tablets and capsules.
4H2 Pill Contraindications
4h2 Pill is contraindicated in the following conditions
- Hypersensitivity reaction to this drug
- It is also contraindicated in the case of kidney disease.
Cetirizine’s recommended dose for treating hay fever, hives, or allergies is 5 to 10 mg (milligram). The maximum recommended dose of Cetirizine is 10 mg (milligram) daily.
The dose may be based on the following:
- Other medications you are taking
- The condition being treated
- how you respond to this medication
- your body weight, height, age, and gender.
4H2 Pill- Interactions
Tell your doctor about all the medication you are taking, including the prescription and over-the-counter medicine. Cetirizine can interact with the following medicine
This is not a complete list of medications that interact with 4H2 Pill. Tell your doctor about the drugs you are already taking.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the 4H2 Pill?
The pill 4H2 is an oval tablet that belongs to the group of antihistamines. The main component of this medicine is cetirizine hydrochloride. This medicine is used to treat hay fever, seasonal allergies, allergic rhinitis, urticaria, and hives.
2. How does the 4H2 Pill work?
It works by blocking the histamine produced by the body during an allergic reaction. Histamine can cause Sneezing, Itching, tearing, and cold symptoms.
3. How should I take the pill 4H2 (Cetirizine)?
Take Cetirizine precisely as indicated on the label or as prescribed by your doctor. Please do not use it in larger quantities or longer than recommended. You can take Cetirizine with or without food.
4. What happens if I miss a dose of 4H2 Pill?
Take the missed quantity as soon as you remember. When it is almost time to take the next dose, wait for the medicine to be taken, and skip the missed dose. Do not take any additional medication to make up for the missed dose.
5. What happens with an overdose of Cetirizine (Pill 4H2)?
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact an ambulance. The symptoms of overdose may include restlessness or nervousness, and you want to sleep.
6. What should I avoid?
If you are taking regular medications that make you sleepy (e.g., cold or allergy medicines, narcotics, sleeping pills, muscle relaxants and anticoagulants, depression, or anxiety), talk to your doctor. They can worsen the Drowsiness caused by Cetirizine. Cetirizine may cause side effects that may affect your thinking or reactions. Be careful when driving or doing something that needs to be alert and alert. Avoid drinking alcohol. It can intensify some of the side effects of Cetirizine.
7. Can I take the 4H2 Pill during pregnancy?
If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, talk to your doctor before taking Cetirizine. Cetirizine is usually not recommended during pregnancy.
8. Can I take Cetirizine (4H2 tablet) while breastfeeding?
It is not recommended to breastfeed your baby. This is because the drug can pass into breast milk.
9. Can I drive or operate machinery after taking the 4h2 Pill?
Do not drive or use machines when you are sleepy. At the recommended dose, these tablets do not cause Drowsiness in most patients.
10. How to store cetirizine hydrochloride (4H2 tablet)?
Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children. Do not take the tablets after the expiry date indicated on the blister and the package. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Do not dispose of medicines on wastewater or waste. Ask your pharmacist to remove the drugs you no longer use. These measures contribute to protecting the environment.